Friday, August 31, 2012

Sisters by chance...Friends by choice...

To start with...
"Siblings are the people we practice on,
the people who teach us about fairness and
cooperation and kindness and caring -
quite often the hard way.
And that someone need not be perfect for
you to love them."
Pamela Dugdale
"Both within the family and without,
our sisters hold up our mirrors; our
images of who we are and of who we
can dare to be."
Elizabeth Fishel
"Having a sister means having one of the most beautiful and unique human relationships.  We share with our sisters a special intimacy, a communion of heart and mind more powerful than any friendship."
Author Unknown
"....my sisters have shown me how to live."
Georgette Wasserstein 
 "She takes my hand and leads me along paths
I would not have dared explore alone."
Maya V. Patel
"For when three sisters love each other with such
sincere affection, the one does not experience sorrow,
pain, or affliction of any kind,
but the others' heart wishes to relieve, and
vibrates in tenderness.
Like a well-organized musical instrument."
Elizabeth Shaw
 
"It's only in the last five years that I've truly learned how to love my sisters
with all my soul and at the very deepest possible level..."
Molly Parkin

2 comments:

  1. There are sisters and then there are sisters. I know that I am one of the lucky ones who have sisters that are really good and caring women and are my friends too. Thank you God for such a blessing. Coralee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Coralee. It was a joy to reflect on how blessed I am to have a special friendship with my two beautiful sisters. Teri

      Delete